Friday, June 7, 2013

Rain, Rain, Go Away

I wanted to start a segment on this blog called Fashion Fridays. It is going to be something that I'll either post outfit of the day's or just fashion finds that I have been loving recently!

So in honor of Andrea just putting a damper on this summer weekend, I've decided to make the theme of this Fashion Friday "Rainy Days", we don't have to stop being stylish just because the weather isn't cooperating right?

Lets start from the feet up, shall we?

The first thing that I think we all knew was coming was none other than the Hunter rain boots.
I've been in love with these for some time now and while I have decided to spend my money on other things instead of on these, they will be mine in the near future - mark my words.

These are the Original Tall Gloss Rain Boots in Black that retail for $140
Here they are at Nordstroms as well as the Hunter website

The next thing that I feel kind of like a copy-cat for loving and drooling over are the L.L. Bean 'Duck Boots'. I'm not sure if it's just a southern thing but I have been seeing these pop up all over the place lately and I can't help but jump on the bandwagon.

These are the basic Women's 8" Bean Boots in Tan/Brown that retail for $99
Here they are on the L.L.Bean website

Onto Rain Jackets...

This particular jacket I actually own in the black color. It is from Columbia and it does the job. The only thing I do not love about it is it doesn't stay on my head, I have to constantly hold the brim of the hood in order for it to cover my face. Kind of a bummer, but other than that it is a great jacket!

This is the Women's Trail Turner Shell Jacket that retails for $90
Here it is on the Columbia website

The next jacket is from none other than Marley Lilly. Any southern girl who may or may not have a slight obsession with monograms knows and loves this site. Literally anything you could possibly think of to monogram, they have it. This is their lovely rain jacket with a monogram on both the front left chest as well as on the hood! Ahh, couldn't love more.

This is the Monogrammed Black Eddie Bauer Jacket that retails for $59.99
Here it is on the Marley Lilly website

Last but not least we can't leave the house without a cute umbrella!

Now another thing a southern girl needs to have in her closet is something from Lilly Pulitzer. Lilly just screams southern, fun, and preppy. I actually own one of her umbrellas from a couple of seasons ago and I cannot remember the name of the print, but every time I open it up I get tons of compliments on it.

This is the Lilly Pulitzer Umbrella in the print "Chiquita Bonita" that retails for $30
Here it is on Lifeguard Press

The last umbrella I realize is kind of unrealistic. Its Burberry and it's expensive. But if you paired it with the L.L.Bean boots from above doesn't it just scream London? Hey, a girl can dream right?

This is the Burberry House Check Umbrella that retails for $450
Here it is on Burberry

How I would personally style all of these outfits is by picking a shoe, add some fuzzy socks of course. Then add either jeans or leggings (my personal favorite). Add a comfy sweater if it is during the fall or winter or a light tee shirt during the spring or summer. Top that off with a rain jacket of your choice. Grab your cutest umbrella and you are out the door! Completely shielded from the elements!

These have been some of my personal favorite items for a dreary day. I realize black has been a popular color for a lot of these but you can absolutely substitute colors for the jacket or boots. I have a pair of hot pink rain boots that bring a smile to my face every time I wear them because they are just so fun!

Hope the rain didn't ruin your day too much but now you'll be ready for the next time it comes!

Until next time,

Casey Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment