Sunday, June 16, 2013

Arrow Obsession

When joining a sorority becoming a little bit obsessed with everything your organization stands for kind of comes with the territory. If you know anyone that is in Chi Omega, I guarantee they have tons of Owl paraphernalia in their life. Delta Gamma - Anchor. Zeta Tau Alpha - Crown. You get the jist.

On my last Sorority Sunday I talked a lot about my sorority, Pi Beta Phi, and their background. I also talked about our symbol - the arrow. Now being that it is one of our symbols, I have become a little bit obsessed. Pretty much anything and everything that has an arrow on it, I've got to have it. Seriously though...it's kind of a problem.

That's why for this Sorority Sunday I've decided I was going to insert a list of arrow-related things I am currently obsessing over. Enjoy!




I first saw this pillow when I was actually in Target and I immediately sent it to our Vice President of Housing and told her - we need this pillow. Except we don't, but she agreed it was just as cute.

This Gray Threshold Embroidery Linen Arrow Decorative Pillow can be found at Target for $23.74


This next pillow I may have also slightly fell in love with as well. I mean for one - arrows, duh. Secondly, it is magenta. Which might as well be wine. Which is one of our colors. Perfection!

This Bright Magenta Love Arrow Pillow can be found on Dormify.com for $39


Lastly, I had to include this. I was looking on JC Penny's website and saw that Jonathan Adler had made line just for Penny's! Now I for one love Jonathan Adler. If you may not be familiar with him, think of his things as a more urban Lilly Pulitzer. They tend to design kind of the same small items - agendas, iPhone cases, etc. It may not be your style but I love him. So naturally I was beyond excited to see his JC Penny's line. It is mainly filled with home decor which is great because any chance I get I will redecorate my room. If you haven't seen any of his stuff before, I would recommend going on the Penny's website and checking out his line. There is some super cute stuff on there.

Anyways, back to this bookend. Now if you know me at all, I don't read. Don't get me wrong its not like I hate to read or anything but I simply never do it. During the school year I don't like to clutter my mind with yet another book when I should be reading my History book, which rarely gets open. Now to many people's dismay I actually did start, and finish, an entire book today while sitting at my brother's baseball games. Granted it was Style by Lauren Conrad, but Hey! Give me some credit here, I'm trying! And you can laugh, but the only reason I bought the book in the first place was so that I could have some books for my bookends (I know, I'm literally the dumbest person ever). Either way, I have fallen in love with these bookends because, of course, they are arrows. So you can guarantee they will be mine when I get my next paycheck.

Happy Chic by Jonathan Adler Katie Set of 2 Arrow Bookends can be found at JC Penny for $42

What do you think? Pretty silly, huh? Well I can't help it, I'm in love.

Let me know what decor items you are loving this summer, I'd love to see it!

Until next time,

Casey Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment