Monday, December 2, 2013

Be Straight With Me

I know you all are super surprised to hear this, but there's about to be another alliteration. But before I announce what that is going to be, let me tell you a little about my history and why I decided to start this blog.

When I was younger I got really into watching Youtube videos. The one's I really enjoyed watching the most were the Beauty Guru videos. This is what inspired me to make my own videos, yes I have made youtube videos before for any of my friends that may be reading this. It was never something I really told anyone about and I actually go back and watch them from time to time to give myself a good laugh. I'm so awkward. Anyways, that is part of the reason I decided to transition into Blogging. I tried the Vlogging thing and while it was fun, it was a TON of work to edit the videos and my camera quality isn't the greatest. So I thought Blogging would essentially be the same thing but with a little 'less' work than filming. Plus I don't have to get dressed up and put make up on to write a Blog, I can do it from the comfort of my PJ's and comfy bed.

Now that you know a little more about my background you can understand why I have such a love for Beauty and Fashion. Watching those women really made me fall in love with the Beauty community and made me want to pursue it for myself. So here goes, my Monday alliteration...

Make Me Over Mondays!

I'm such a cheese-ball, I can't even handle myself. The idea behind Monday's is that I will share with you some of my favorite beauty products. This can range anywhere from makeup to hair products to just cool tips or tricks that I may have learned throughout my years.

The first post for Make Me Over Mondays will be about my hair straightener.

I have a love-hate relationship with my hair. I love length, the color, how easily it styles, pretty much everything about it. But like any other girl, I hate my hair sometimes. It doesn't always do what I want it to, it turns into dreads after day 2 of not washing it...I wish I was kidding, and I haven't seem to have perfected the 'let your hair go naturally' look. I'm not sure if it is because I am not confident enough in the way it looks naturally or what but I haven't figured out how to wear it naturally.

A little bit more about my hair type before I go on. I have naturally curly hair. It is not tight ringlets but it also is not waves, I am probably somewhere in-between. I am not like a normal 'beauty guru' who has perfectly straight hair all the time and just 'wishes' it would hold a curl. No, my hair will hold a curl. The problem I have is keeping it straight. I had been struggling with this for the longest time, finding the right straightener and products so that my hair will stay straight throughout the day. Now granted there are some days where the humidity is just insane in North Carolina and those are the days, if I do end up straightening my hair, I will regret it forever (but I've gotten smart enough not to do so). However, for the most part I think I have perfect my straight hair!

The upcoming Mondays I will take you through my hair products and why they help me achieve my perfect head of hair (almost) every time.

My first product and my holy grail, seriously I swear by this, is my hair straightener.


If you click the picture above it will take you to the Folica Website where you can read more about this straightener and why people love it so much.

So this is the Sedu. I know many of you probably are thinking "What is this device, I've never heard of it." That doesn't surprise me. Not a lot of people have. When I was a freshman in High school I was using a Conair hair straightener from target that was probably $20. It would take me over an hour to straighten my hair and it didn't even work that well. Not trying to talk badly about Conair and their beauty products but it just did not work for my hair type. As soon as I stepped outside my hair would turn into one big frizzy mess. All of that time spent trying to get my hair stick straight went right out the window. 

This was around the time that I started getting into watching Beauty videos on Youtube. All of these women had really nice hair straighteners that they swore by. I also asked around to all of my friends, who mostly had Chi's. I wasn't completely impressed with the Chi hair straighteners, yes I do have one for travel because I don't care about it as much as my Sedu, but I don't believe it does as great of a job on my hair. So began my search for the perfect hair straightener. At the time, for what I can remember, my hair was a lot more curly than it is now. Now, this may have been exaggerated throughout the years in my memory, but I had in my mind that my hair was as thick and coarse as a black woman's. I'm not kidding. So when I was searching for straighteners and reading all of the reviews I came across the Sedu. Most of the reviews for this were black women who had very thick and coarse hair that got their hair pin straight because of this product! I was instantly sold.

I purchased my Sedu and haven't gone back since. In fact, I actually added a 'before' and 'after' picture to the website I purchased it off of. It's pretty hilarious. But it worked! It got my hair so straight. It has ceramic plates so it didn't pull on my hair at all, it was so smooth and it works so well for my hair. I'm telling you guys I swear by this straightener and if you have been searching for a straightener like I had and you have similar hair to mine, even way curlier, I would absolutely recommend you check out this product. It is my life saver, my baby, and I love it to death.

So tell me, what is your holy grail beauty item? I'd love to know!

Until next time,

Casey Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment