Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hello and Welcome!

Hello! If you are reading this then I must be doing something right. This is my first time trying a written blog. The way I see this page going is to highlight different events in my life, almost like a diary, as well as displaying my favorite fashion and beauty products and tips.

I get a lot my of my fashion and beauty inspiration from YouTube beauty guru community. To be honest, some of these girls have made me the woman I am today. I know it may sound cheesy but these girls taught me how to essentially 'be a girl'. They taught me how to apply my make up, which products would keep my awkward, High School freshman, untamed hair to actually stay straight throughout the day (something that, at the time, was a life changing moment). I never really went to my mother for those types of things, instead I had these women from around the world that were essentially my role models.

I also take a lot of my inspiration from the woman I am around on a daily basis. Living in North Carolina for my whole life has led me to surround myself with the 'preppy-elite' as I would describe them. Where the dress code is Lilly Pulitzer (anything and everything), J. Crew, and top it all off with your Jack Roger Navajos and monogrammed necklace. The bigger the pearls the better and no outfit would be complete without a Michael Kors watch. These were the staples of these women's closets. And admittedly have grown to be mine, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

My love for fashion began when I got my first retail job my Senior year of High School. I was amazed with all of the beautiful clothing that I was constantly around on a daily basis. I'm pretty sure I pumped my whole paycheck right back into the store for at least the first 3 months of working there. Either way I started exploring, and not just my store. Working in a mall that had a Nordstroms less than 300 feet down the hall really did wonders for my wardrobe (not so much my wallet). As my closet grew so did my knowledge. Working in retail taught me how to accessorize and that it was okay to take risks when it came to fashion.

However the one complaint I have to all of these different fashion bloggers and beauty gurus (and it's nothing personal), is that you are all too damn skinny. Excuse my french. I realize the world we live in today puts such stress on the ideal weight you need to be in order to be 'beautiful'. It has made it very hard for young girls who may not be a size 0 to think of themselves as pretty. I believe beauty comes from the inside. Needless to say, I am not a size 0. In fact I am a size 8-10 and proud of it! I have learned to embrace my curves and learned to not beat myself up about not being as thin as someone else. We are all made differently and some people just aren't destined to be size 2's! It just isn't in your genes! That's why I want to inspire the curvy girls to show off what you have! To not be afraid to try the trends because you are worried it won't look as good on you. Even if it doesn't look the best on you, trust me there is something that will and you can incorporate it somehow into your wardrobe that will flatter your body type. So stick with me guys and we'll conquer the 'norm' together.

So here I am, a poor college student just hoping to pass my last exams and escape for summer. I'm an average girl. No glitz, no glamor, it's just me. And if that's enough for you, then welcome. I'm so happy to have you. If not, no hard feelings, thanks for giving me a shot! Either way, thanks for stopping by and getting to know me a little bit better!

Till next time,

Casey Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment